This plug-in written by Bob King allows visitors to your site to rate the comments to your posts. They can give each post either a thumbs up or a thumbs down and the cumulative rating for each post is displayed. Here is a list of the features:
- Now there’s a companion plugin which display comments with ratings on a side bar. It’s called Comment Rating Widget.
- Auto-insert to comments AJAX based clickable images
- Configurable display of two vote numbers, a combined one or both
- Preventing voting fraud with one vote per IP address. This is less subject to manipulation than cookie based approaches. The author of a comment cannot rate his/her own comment.
- Styling of popular and mostly debated comments based on on the votes
- Poorly rated comments can be hidden in a click-to-see fashion. There’s no point of silencing your own voice on your blog. So when readers mark a comment by the blog author or admin as poorly rated, the comment will not be hidden, but only marked as poorly rated.
- Styling of the vote numbers differently.
- Mouseover effect on images to entice voting
- Choice of images and image size
- Localization support
- Functions are provide for theme customization.
- Allow vote types of: positive only, negative only votes or both.
- Store votes in wp_comments table comment_karma field. Stored votes can be: positive only, negative only votes or combined.
- Simple and light-weight (i.e. high performance). It’s also wp-cache and wp-super-cache friendly.
A complete description by the plug-in author can be found at: http://wealthynetizen.com/wordpress-plugin-comment-rating/